|This is a Wikimedia global user page.|
If you find this page on any site other than a Wikimedia project, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any sites other than one or more Wikimedia project(s). The original page is located at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hindustanilanguage.
Hello. My name is Muzammil. I am mainly active on Hindi and English Wikipedias besides Wikimedia Commons. I also write blog posts for Wikimedia Foundation interviewing various communities, profiling leading Wikimedians, reporting events, etc.
Publications /Presentations on Wikipedia
- हिन्दी विकिपीडिया के माध्यम से हिन्दी भाषा के प्रयोग को बढाने का प्रयास (presentation about Hindi Wikipedia) at The Fourth International Hindi Conference, January 6-8, 2017, Gitam University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam
- My field research article "A Study on the Usage of Wikipedia in the Field of Academics" was published in Edu World Vol-V No. 1 ISSN 2319-7129 Jan- Dec 2016.
- Wikipedia Education Programme at Christ University as an Agent of Educational Transformation (abstracts link) presented at First Transformative Education Conference, Kathmandu University, October 2016.
- Wikipedia as a Reference Tool for Postgraduate Study - Presentation at the first Wiki Conference India, 2011 at the University of Mumbai.
Wikimedia Foundation Blogs and Global Community Interviews
- On advocating internet freedom, Muzammil writes: "Although I am all for it, I gave it a lower priority because of the political overtone and the fear that pushing it too much may jeopardize core Wikipedia objectives in some geographic locations."
- On forbidding paid editing, Muzammil writes: "we should stop paid editing for promotion or those edits which forward some agenda – ideological or political." James: "The WMF has forbidden non-disclosed paid editing. It should now help enforce this. Not all types of paid editing should be banned." He also points to the relevance of engineering to improve editor experience to attracting and retaining female editors and those in the global south.
From Signpost, May 13, 2015.
- [Celebrities’ Autographs] - Crushable reports (not quite) news that Wikipedia has started including celebrities' autographs in articles about them. In a related event, User:Hindustanilanguage uploaded ~300 autographs on Wikimedia Commons in mid-August.
From Year: 2011 Week: 38 Number: 128 BIS, an independent internal news bulletin for the members of the Wikimedia community.
New World Encyclopedia
..."His chief contribution," says Muzammiluddin "was that his Government enhanced popular faith in democracy."
From Morarji Desai#Legacy, New World Encyclopedia.