|Pyetje e përgjigje|
- 1 Perdorimi i emrit para nyjes se artikullit
- 2 Update on IPv6
- 3 2011 Picture of the Year competition
- 4 Mobile view as default view coming soon
- 5 Help decide about more than $10 million of Wikimedia donations in the coming year
- 6 Request for Comment: Legal Fees Assistance Program
- 7 Wikidata is getting close to a first roll-out
- 8 Upcoming software changes - please report any problems
- 9 Fundraising localization: volunteers from outside the USA needed
- 10 Be a Wikimedia fundraising "User Experience" volunteer!
- 11 Wikimedia sites to move to primary data center in Ashburn, Virginia. Read-only mode expected.
- 12 Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
- 13 Help turn ideas into grants in the new IdeaLab
- 14 Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful
- 15 Request for comment on inactive administrators
- 16 [en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming
- 17 [en] Change to section edit links
- 18 Tech newsletter: Subscribe to receive the next editions
- 19 Trademark discussion
- 20 X!'s Edit Counter
- 21 Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09
- 22 Pywikipedia is migrating to git
- 23 HTTPS for users with an account
- 24 Request for consultation on community logo
- 25 Notifications
- 26 Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.
- 27 Introducting Beta Features
- 28 Call for comments on draft trademark policy
Perdorimi i emrit para nyjes se artikullit[redakto]
- I nderuar Përdoruesi:Hipi Zhdripi eshte e paranueshme menyra se si je duke emeruar disa nga artikujt ne te cilet perdor ne titull emrin tend identifikues "Hipi Zhdripi".
- Une pesonalisht nga vizitat qe kam bere ne wikibooks tjera nuk kam verejtur se praktikohet nje gje e tille. Pastaj nese kjo do te ishte nje faqe personale atehere do te lejohej te personalizohej nen nje emer, llagap ose ku e di cfar termi qe deshirohet nga vet themeluesi ose administruesi i asaj faqeje personale.
- Ne ketu kemi te bejme me nje projekt te pergjitheshem, kurse sa shkon e duket me shume personal. Une e kuptoj qe angazhimi yt eshte i dukshem ketu, por prap se prap nuk te jep te drejten e personalizimit. E pyes veten se si do te ishte dukur "WikiFjalori" nese Përdoruesi: Zeke do te perdorte emrin identifikues para punes qe ben. Mahnitese eshte se atje do te dukej nje portal me shume se personal sepse eshte perdoruesi i vetem thuajse qe ka bere 99% te atij projekti, por perseri nuk eshte projekt personal.
- Do te ishte mire qe te merrje nje qendrim te caktuar dhe bazuar ne rregullat e wikimedias si dhe ne vlerat qe duhet te ofroj nje projekt i hapur dhe i lir dhe te na jepje nje sqarim se cfar eshte duke ndodhur keshtu me keto tituj.
- Me vie keq te them, por nese kjo po behet me pamje personale (edhe pse ndoshta nuk eshte qellimi i juaji aty) atehere do me duhet te marr me shume kohe dhe te studjoj rregullat e wikimedias dhe te reagoj nga ketij fenomeni qe tanime ka perfshire nje numer te madh te linqeve te materialeve ne wikibooks.
- Pershedetje. Puntori 25 Shkurt 2009 13:48 (UTC)
- Unë nuk i kam njohur gjitha rregullat dhe kamë vepruar ashtu në bazë të atyre që i kamë ditë. Sa i përket titullimit të disa fletave për punë që i kamë lidhur në një adresë të emërtuar sipas nofkës që kamë ato i kamë emërtuar ashtu që të dallohen nga përmbajtjet e librave të mirëfilltë. Nëse ato prishin punë atëherë lirisht mund të tërhiqen në aderesë të përdoruesit. Por nëse tëriqen në adresen e përdoruesit atëherë ato personalizohen dhe në to mund të kontribojë vetem përdoruesi d.m.th nuk janë në qarkullim të përgjithëshem. Nofkën Hipi Zhdipi për punime shqiptart nuk e marrin edhe aq seriozisht. Ato që ja vlenë të lexohen janë të emërtuara ashtu si duhet. Por si do që të jetë ti informohu si qëndron puna me projekte (vend punishte) tek wikilibri. Ne mund të i tërheqim nën adresen Pjrojekti:Hipi Zhdripi. Por nanën tjetr në ato fleta ka të tilla që ja vlenë të lexohen.--Hipi Zhdripi 26 Shkurt 2009 07:15 (UTC)
Upss!! Për emërtim të librave nuk ka rregulla. Secili autor ka të drejten për emërtim të punës së tij. Përndryshe gati gjitha librat këtu duhet të grisen. Kuptohet fyrjeve etj. nuk janë të lejuara --Hipi Zhdripi 26 Shkurt 2009 07:19 (UTC)
Adresat në fjalë:
- Hipi Zhdripi i Matematikës
- Hipi Zhdripi i Gjeografisë
- Hipi Zhdripi i Fizikës
- Hipi Zhdripi i Kimisë
- Hipi Zhdripi i Gjuhës
- Hipi Zhdripi i Historisë
- Hipi Zhdripi i Biologjisë
- Hipi Zhdripi i Artit
- Hipi Zhdripi i Përrallave - kjo mbetet si e till
- Pershendetje Hipi Zhdripi,
- Pa dyshim se nuk eshte qellimi qe puna jote te naperkembet ose te largohet nga syte e lexuesit. Edhe nese eshte e vertete se ne titull nuk bie ne sy "Hipi Zhdripi" prap se prap nese shkon ne Google.com dhe kerkon per "Hipi Zhdripi" del se eshte term shum personal i perdorur "gjithka" ne NET.
- Artikujt patjeter duhet larguar nga lexuesit si te tille.
- Une kerkova tek ndryshimet e fundit tek wikilibrat gjermanisht dhe anglisht nen kushtin 5000 redaktime ne 30 ditet e fundit dhe nuk gjeta asnje artikull ne te cilin kishte nofke perdoruesi ne titull.
- E gjitha te mbetet ty se si do te veprosh. Do t'i vendosesh nen nyje te perdoruesit (gje qe nuk e kisha preferuar sepse askush ne net nuk ka enciklopedi nen enciklopedi), te zhvendosen nen "Wikibooks" si projekte te perkoheshme qe pastaj t'i vendosesh ne artikuj te vertete me nje titull te pranueshem (as kete nuk e kisha preferu sepse do te duhet te besh dy here pune dhe do te neglizhohen si te tille dhe do te mbeten nje kohe te gjate ashtu) ose duke i ditur materialet qe ke postuar (nivelin e gjuhes letrare) te i postosh direkt ne artikuj me titull pa Hipi Zhdripi. Nese ke nevoj qe ndonje ose disa nga artikujt t'i permiresosh atehere do leme kohe qe te besh kete dmth disa muaj mund te kesh hapsire qe te permiresosh gjendjen.
- Pershendetje. Puntori 26 Shkurt 2009 09:15 (UTC)
Update on IPv6[redakto]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it, as well as the full version of this announcement on Meta)
The Wikimedia Foundation is planning to do limited testing of IPv6 on June 2-3. If there are not too many problems, we may fully enable IPv6 on World IPv6 day (June 6), and keep it enabled.
What this means for your project:
- At least on June 2-3, 2012, you may see a small number of edits from IPv6 addresses, which are in the form "
2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334". See e.g. w:en:IPv6 address. These addresses should behave like any other IP address: You can leave messages on their talk pages; you can track their contributions; you can block them. (See the full version of this announcement for notes on range blocks.)
- In the mid term, some user scripts and tools will need to be adapted for IPv6.
- We suspect that IPv6 usage is going to be very low initially, meaning that abuse should be manageable, and we will assist in the monitoring of the situation.
Read the full version of this announcement on how to test the behavior of IPv6 with various tools and how to leave bug reports, and to find a fuller analysis of the implications of the IPv6 migration.
--Erik Möller, VP of Engineering and Product Development, Wikimedia Foundation 2 qershor 2012 01:23 (UTC)
2011 Picture of the Year competition[redakto]
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2011 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We are interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year 2011. Any user registered at Commons or a Wikimedia wiki SUL-related to Commons with more than 75 edits before 1 April 2012 (UTC) is welcome to vote and, of course everyone is welcome to view!
Detailed information about the contest can be found at the introductory page.
About 600 of the best of Wikimedia Common's photos, animations, movies and graphics were chosen –by the international Wikimedia Commons community– out of 12 million files during 2011 and are now called Featured Pictures.
From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons Features Pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories.
We regret that you receive this message in English; we intended to use banners to notify you in your native language but there was both, human and technical resistance.
See you on Commons! --Picture of the Year 2011 Committee 5 qershor 2012 18:39 (UTC)
Mobile view as default view coming soon[redakto]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it, as well as the instructions on Meta)
The mobile view of this project and others will soon become the default view on mobile devices (except tablets). Some language versions of these projects currently show no content on the mobile home page, and it is a good time to do a little formatting so users get a mobile-friendly view, or to add to existing mobile content if some already exists.
If you are an administrator, please consider helping with this change. There are instructions which are being translated. The proposed date of switching the default view is July 5.
To contact the mobile team, email mobile-feedback-llists.wikimedia.org.
--Phil Inje Chang, Product Manager, Mobile, Wikimedia Foundation 29 qershor 2012 04:52 (UTC)
Help decide about more than $10 million of Wikimedia donations in the coming year[redakto]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it)
As many of you are aware, the Wikimedia Board of Trustees recently initiated important changes in the way that money is being distributed within the Wikimedia movement. As part of this, a new community-led "Funds Dissemination Committee" (FDC) is currently being set up. Already in 2012-13, its recommendations will guide the decisions about the distribution of over 10 million US dollars among the Foundation, chapters and other eligible entities.
Now, seven capable, knowledgeable and trustworthy community members are sought to volunteer on the initial Funds Dissemination Committee. It is expected to take up its work in September. In addition, a community member is sought to be the Ombudsperson for the FDC process. If you are interested in joining the committee, read the call for volunteers. Nominations are planned to close on August 15.
--Anasuya Sengupta, Director of Global Learning and Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation 19 korrik 2012 20:25 (UTC)
Request for Comment: Legal Fees Assistance Program[redakto]
I apologize for addressing you in English. I would be grateful if you could translate this message into your language.
The Wikimedia Foundation is conducting a request for comment on a proposed program that could provide legal assistance to users in specific support roles who are named in a legal complaint as a defendant because of those roles. We wanted to be sure that your community was aware of this discussion and would have a chance to participate in that discussion.
If this page is not the best place to publicize this request for comment, please help spread the word to those who may be interested in participating. (If you'd like to help translating the "request for comment", program policy or other pages into your language and don't know how the translation system works, please come by my user talk page at m:User talk:Mdennis (WMF). I'll be happy to assist or to connect you with a volunteer who can assist.)
Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF)6 shtator 2012 02:12 (UTC)
Wikidata is getting close to a first roll-out[redakto]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.)
As some of you might already have heard Wikimedia Deutschland is working on a new Wikimedia project. It is called m:Wikidata. The goal of Wikidata is to become a central data repository for the Wikipedias, its sister projects and the world. In the future it will hold data like the number of inhabitants of a country, the date of birth of a famous person or the length of a river. These can then be used in all Wikimedia projects and outside of them.
The project is divided into three phases and "we are getting close to roll-out the first phase". The phases are:
- language links in the Wikipedias (making it possible to store the links between the language editions of an article just once in Wikidata instead of in each linked article)
- infoboxes (making it possible to store the data that is currently in infoboxes in one central place and share the data)
- lists (making it possible to create lists and similar things based on queries to Wikidata so they update automatically when new data is added or modified)
It'd be great if you could join us, test the demo version, provide feedback and take part in the development of Wikidata. You can find all the relevant information including an FAQ and sign-up links for our on-wiki newsletter on the Wikidata page on Meta.
For further discussions please use this talk page (if you are uncomfortable writing in English you can also write in your native language there) or point me to the place where your discussion is happening so I can answer there.
--Lydia Pintscher 10 shtator 2012 13:38 (UTC)
Upcoming software changes - please report any problems[redakto]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it)
Please watch for problems with:
- revision diffs
- PDF export
- images, video, and sound, especially scaling sizes
- the CologneBlue skin
Thanks! With your help we can find problems fast and get them fixed faster.
Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Engineering Community Manager (talk) 16 tetor 2012 03:13 (UTC)
P.S.: For the regular, smaller MediaWiki updates every two weeks, please watch this schedule.
Fundraising localization: volunteers from outside the USA needed[redakto]
Please translate for your local community
The Wikimedia Foundation's Fundraising team have begun our 'User Experience' project, with the goal of understanding the donation experience in different countries outside the USA and enhancing the localization of our donation pages. I am searching for volunteers to spend 30 minutes on a Skype chat with me, reviewing their own country's donation pages. It will be done on a 'usability' format (I will ask you to read the text and go through the donation flow) and will be asking your feedback in the meanwhile.
The only pre-requisite is for the volunteer to actually live in the country and to have access to at least one donation method that we offer for that country (mainly credit/debit card, but also real-time banking like IDEAL, E-wallets, etc...) so we can do a live test and see if the donation goes through. All volunteers will be reimbursed of the donations that eventually succeed (and they will be low amounts, like 1-2 dollars)
By helping us you are actually helping thousands of people to support our mission of free knowledge across the world. Please sing up and help us with our 'User Experience' project! :) If you are interested (or know of anyone who could be) please email email@example.com. All countries needed (excepting USA)!
Global Fundraising Operations Manager, Wikimedia Foundation
Sent using Global message delivery, 17 tetor 2012 17:18 (UTC)
Be a Wikimedia fundraising "User Experience" volunteer![redakto]
Thank you to everyone who volunteered last year on the Wikimedia fundraising 'User Experience' project. We have talked to many different people in different countries and their feedback has helped us immensely in restructuring our pages. If you haven't heard of it yet, the 'User Experience' project has the goal of understanding the donation experience in different countries (outside the USA) and enhancing the localization of our donation pages.
I am (still) searching for volunteers to spend some time on a Skype chat with me, reviewing their own country's donation pages. It will be done on a 'usability' format (I will ask you to read the text and go through the donation flow) and will be asking your feedback in the meanwhile.
The only pre-requisite is for the volunteer to actually live in the country and to have access to at least one donation method that we offer for that country (mainly credit/debit card, but also real time banking like IDEAL, E-wallets, etc...) so we can do a live test and see if the donation goes through. **All volunteers will be reimbursed of the donations that eventually succeed (and they will be very low amounts, like 1-2 dollars)**
By helping us you are actually helping thousands of people to support our mission of free knowledge across the world. If you are interested (or know of anyone who could be) please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All countries needed (excepting USA)!!
Global Fundraising Operations Manager, Wikimedia Foundation
- Sent using Global message delivery, 8 janar 2013 21:17 (UTC)
Wikimedia sites to move to primary data center in Ashburn, Virginia. Read-only mode expected.[redakto]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.) Next week, the Wikimedia Foundation will transition its main technical operations to a new data center in Ashburn, Virginia, USA. This is intended to improve the technical performance and reliability of all Wikimedia sites, including this wiki. There will be some times when the site will be in read-only mode, and there may be full outages; the current target windows for the migration are January 22nd, 23rd and 24th, 2013, from 17:00 to 01:00 UTC (see other timezones on timeanddate.com). More information is available in the full announcement.
If you would like to stay informed of future technical upgrades, consider becoming a Tech ambassador and joining the ambassadors mailing list. You will be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.
Thank you for your help and your understanding.
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open[redakto]
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons.
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
This message was delivered based on m:Distribution list/Global message delivery. Translation fetched from: commons:Commons:Picture of the Year/2012/Translations/Village Pump/en -- Rillke (diskutimet) 22 janar 2013 23:59 (UTC)
Help turn ideas into grants in the new IdeaLab[redakto]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
- Do you have an idea for a project to improve this community or website?
- Do you think you could complete your idea if only you had some funding?
- Do you want to help other people turn their ideas into project plans or grant proposals?
Please join us in the IdeaLab, an incubator for project ideas and Individual Engagement Grant proposals.
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking new ideas and proposals for Individual Engagement Grants. These grants fund individuals or small groups to complete projects that help improve this community. If interested, please submit a completed proposal by February 15, 2013. Please visit https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG for more information.
Thanks! --Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 30 janar 2013 20:52 (UTC)
Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful[redakto]
(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians)
Greetings. As you might have seen on the Wikimedia tech blog or the tech ambassadors list, a new functionality called "Lua" is being enabled on all Wikimedia sites today. Lua is a scripting language that enables you to write faster and more powerful MediaWiki templates.
If you have questions about how to convert existing templates to Lua (or how to create new ones), we'll be holding two support sessions on IRC next week: one on Wednesday (for Oceania, Asia & America) and one on Friday (for Europe, Africa & America); see m:IRC office hours for the details. If you can't make it, you can also get help at mw:Talk:Lua scripting.
If you'd like to learn about this kind of events earlier in advance, consider becoming a Tech ambassador by subscribing to the mailing list. You will also be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.
(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians. Please also consider translating the proposal.)
Read this message in English / Lleer esti mensaxe n'asturianu / বাংলায় এই বার্তাটি পড়ুন / Llegiu aquest missatge en català / Læs denne besked på dansk / Lies diese Nachricht auf Deutsch / Leś cal mesag' chè in Emiliàn / Leer este mensaje en español / Lue tämä viesti suomeksi / Lire ce message en français / Ler esta mensaxe en galego / हिन्दी / Pročitajte ovu poruku na hrvatskom / Baca pesan ini dalam Bahasa Indonesia / Leggi questo messaggio in italiano / ಈ ಸಂದೇಶವನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಿ / Aqra dan il-messaġġ bil-Malti / norsk (bokmål) / Lees dit bericht in het Nederlands / Przeczytaj tę wiadomość po polsku / Citiți acest mesaj în română / Прочитать это сообщение на русском / Farriintaan ku aqri Af-Soomaali / Pročitaj ovu poruku na srpskom (Прочитај ову поруку на српском) / อ่านข้อความนี้ในภาษาไทย / Прочитати це повідомлення українською мовою / Đọc thông báo bằng tiếng Việt / 使用中文阅读本信息。
There is a new request for comment on Meta-Wiki concerning the removal of administrative rights from long-term inactive Wikimedians. Generally, this proposal from stewards would apply to wikis without an administrators' review process.
We are also compiling a list of projects with procedures for removing inactive administrators on the talk page of the request for comment. Feel free to add your project(s) to the list if you have a policy on administrator inactivity.
All input is appreciated. The discussion may close as soon as 21 May 2013 (2013-05-21), but this will be extended if needed.
[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming[redakto]
Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.
The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.
Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.
Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.
Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.
Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)
Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09[redakto]
Pywikipedia is migrating to git[redakto]
Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 23 korrik 2013 13:47 (UTC)
HTTPS for users with an account[redakto]
Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.
If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the
#wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to
(This message is in English, please translate as needed)
Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.
We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.
There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia. You do not have to have an account to translate on mediawiki, but single-user login will create it for you there if you follow the link.
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 4 tetor 2013 19:14 (UTC)
Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[redakto]
Introducting Beta Features[redakto]
(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)
We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.
Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.
Beta Features is now ready for testing on MediaWiki.org. It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.
Here are the first features you can test this week:
- Media Viewer — view images in large size or full screen
- VisualEditor Formulæ (for wikis with VisualEditor) — edit algebra or equations on your pages
- Typography Refresh — make text more readable (coming Thursday)
Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on MediaWiki.org, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.
After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.
Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.